Geez - has it been that long???
Ah, well. I'm just going to ease back in here.
Let's talk about one of my favorite things - safety and first aid. (No, really, it is.)
I thought I would share what I take on a fresh water (not overnight) dive in the first aid kit. (Yes, there's more for salt water and overnights)
2. Benadryl or some form of it.
3. eye drops
4. ear drops
5. q tips
7. bactine (gotta love that stuff)
8. liquid bandaid (comes in a bottle like nailpolish and is great for in the water)
9. regular bandaids in assorted sizes
10. roll of gauze
11. a bandage wrap (like for sprained ankles)
13. needle (for splinters - no I am not about to sew anyone up)
14. ibuprofen, tylenol, and regular aspirin
15. antidiarhea pills and or gas ex
16. something to soothe the stomach, like pepto or tums
17. oragel swabs
18. something for bee and wasp stings
19. cotton balls
20. baby wipes
21. rescue mask!!!
22. plastic gloves
Most of these are self-explanatory. A lot of goofy stuff can happen when you are on land, or in the water for that matter. I personally would rather be prepared for the small stuff than have to cut diving short because you have to drive to the nearest drug store for something. Do I think I am a bit overprepared? Yes. But I don't mind and it's there if I ever need it. And it's not like it takes up that much space. Besides, when you prepare for it, it usually doesn't happen.
As a side note, we always pack a roll of toilet paper too. You never know - where you're going might be out (or completely water logged).