Sunday, January 11, 2009

Strangest Dive


I have to say that one of the strangest dives I ever did was at a place called the Dive Stop in Missouri. We (four of us) were working on completing our dive map for our divemaster project.


Two of us had gone out in search of "other things" to map on the bottom.


We were over by the main dock and above us we see, in the water, a wedding party. No lie.


Now they weren't actually getting married at that moment. They were doing a trash the dress shoot. (Where the bride gets in the water with all her wedding attire on).


The poor girl was freezing and looked like she could drown at any moment because her dress was so heavy. Her dress was a long full strapless one and the water temp at the surface was about 65. Brr.


Well, we surfaced to check things out - just in case there was a problem.


The next thing we knew, we were asked to be in the photos. I did my best to look cute in all my cold weather gear - ha ha!


I didn't have MY underwater camera with me and I would doubt the photos came out very well. The water was murky and dark, even just below the surface.


But I have to say it was one of the weirdest, most unusual things that ever happened to me on a dive. The photo at the top is just before she fell in.

No comments: